RAMS – Just a Fad?
Alstom Transport Deutschland GmbH
Support Regarding the RAMS and LCC Analysis for Rolling Stock
Within the scope of development and approval of the regional railcars X60, X61, X62, XCC and XCN support services regarding the safety management as well as RAMS/LCC analyses had to be performed. In particular the following items were enclosed:
- Safety management and documentation
- Drawing up and monitoring of risk analyses on train and sub-system level
- Drawing up and keeping of the total technical safety case on train level including Automatic Train Protection (ATP)
- Drawing up of technical safety cases for sub-systems
- Assistance of RAM management
- Drawing up of reliability analyses on train level
- Drawing up of failure mode, effect and criticality analyses (FMECA)
- Drawing up of fault tree analyses (FTA) for functions
- Analysis of safety requirements of the ETCS 3.0.
- Assessment for maintenance documentation and safety review
- Evaluation of the common safety method (CSM).
Schaeffler Technologies GmbH & Co. KG
Training Services for RAMS/LCC
The Schaeffler Technologies GmbH & Co. KG as provider of applications in mechanical engineering intended the introduction of a RAMS/LCC management system. For that services of training, moderation of a customer discussion of the railway industry as well as for the implementation of a workshop essentially had to be performed.
Gebr. Bode GmbH & Co. KG
RAMS Analysis and Safety Case for Different Door Controllers
For the use on rail vehicles a safety case was drawn up regarding the door controllers being delivered by the Gebr. Bode GmbH & Co. KG. This had to be finally edited, completed and assessed. Therefore the required RAMS and LCC analyses had to be revised as well as the safety cases drawn up on the basis of the CENELEC norms EN 50126, EN 50128 and EN 50129 and the SIRF respectively. Furthermore, trainings had to be carried out on product safety, using an FTA tool as well as to the theme RAMS.